Hello from Livonia, MI

Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:36 pm

Hi folks. I've put up a few posts, but hadn't introduced myself yet. I bought a 1948 Cub last fall and that is what brought me to your forum. I have a Woods 59CF-1 mower and a 54 Leveling and Grader blade. Both have been put into frequent use since I got this last September. Considering that we had near-record snowfall in the Detroit area this winter, I was sure glad to have it! My neighbors thought I was crazy buying a tractor for our little 1/2 acre in the suburbs, but changed their tune when I was clearing their driveways this winter. I also have a 1947 Farmall H which lives at my in-laws farm in Illinois. I would have it here if I only had the room. As a lover of old iron, I also have a 1953 Willys CJ3B and a late 1800's Whitman's Americus Cider press which I recently restored (and use). I think it would be really cool to turn that cider press using Cub at an idle. I have to get a pto pulley first though, and it probably turns way too fast...

Jim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Hello from Livonia, MI

Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:41 pm

Nice photos. Welcome to the forum. :D

Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:48 pm

Welcome to the forum!

Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:14 pm

Welcome to the forum Jim. As you have found out by now, this is the place to talk Cubs and learn about them, as well as anything else. I also like the looks of a CJ-3B with it's high hood. I currently have a 3A, two CJ-7s and a Scrambler in the barn. If you can make room on your calendar, try to make it to the Barnyard Bash CubFest near Cincinnati May 30 and 31. There will be a lot of Cub stuff going on. I'm willing to bet we could even strike up a good converstion on CJ's while we're at it. :D

Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:49 am

Welcome to the forum. N.ice collection.

Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:59 am

What an introduction to the forum! Nice! I like the way you introduced yourself and accompanied it with pictures.

Welcome to the forum!! :coffee: