From The Woodlands, TX

Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:05 pm

Hi Folks,

I am new to the forum. So, here goes ...

I have a 1949 Farmall Cub that was given to me a couple of months ago. I intend to use it for maintenance and other duties on my property outside of Crockett, TX. I am having to completely go through this tractor as it is evident that it has had no maintenance in many, many years. So, am taking it a part one piece at a time and replacing/refurbishing what is needed.

I love this tractor. It's a piece of US farming history. Like the Ford N series tractors, it brought mechanical horsepower at an affordable price to many small farms across this country. It's as American as Baseball and Apple Pie.

I hope to not only gain insight and help when needed on this site, but also to contribute my acquired know-how and experience as I learn.

Thank you

Jeff Shropshire

Re: From The Woodlands, TX

Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:02 pm

Welcome to the forum Jeff. Keep us posted on your progress.

Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:59 pm

Jeff,

Welcome to the forum. Gig 'em Aggies, class of '78! Enjoy the ride.

Bill

Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:30 pm

Hi Jeff,
A big Irish welcome to the forum :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: Great guys here who give unstintingly of their time and expertise to help Cubbers. Lets have some pics of your cub if possible. Enjoy,
Bernard,
Donegal Cub.

Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:17 pm

Congratulations on your first Cub!

Welcome to the forum,

Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:13 am

Hello Jeff,
Welcome to the forum. Although I don't live in Houston......I work there, and am very familiar with The Woodlands. Glad to help out in anyway I can.

Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:25 am

Welcome to the forum Jeff.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:43 am

Welcome to the forum from Arkansas.