New all the way around

Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:40 am

Hello from Liberty Twp. Ohio. A friend got me into the cubs. I just got a mid 70s IH cub and one thing I'm trying to figure out what the cylinder compression should be on the engine. It hasn't ran in years but the engine is free so we were going to go through it. Thanks

Re: New all the way around

Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:46 am

Welcome to the forum!!

You might want to check out the Manuals section where it says "PDF Manuals" or "Rudi's Manual Server" above. There you will find all the specifications for the engine and every other piece/part of a Cub.

According to the Cub Specifications Manual GSS-1008, normal compression at 240 RPM (cranking speed) is approximately 120 PSI, but I believe a Cub will start with compression as low 75-80 PSI.

Welcome! :coffee:

Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:59 am

Welcome to the best Cub web site around. The guys here are fantastic and are willing to help anytime they are called upon. There isn't much that can't be answered here.

I see you are from around the New Miami area just twenty miles up 128 from me. If you can fit it into your schedule, try to attend the Barnyard Bash Cubfest In Harrison May 30th and 31st. Many of the regulars from this forum will be there. It is a great time to learn much about Cubs and the associated implements, as well as work on your Cub if you need help and want to bring it along. You will meet great folks, have a great meal or two and have plenty of fun, and it's all free. Many of the guys will have their wives and will attend both days. Some of the guys are coming from Missouri, Louisiana, Colorado, Florida etc, etc. I hope we can see you here.

Check it out here www.barnyardbash.com

Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:09 am

Welcome to the forum neighbor! You apparently live relatively close to me, sounds like a MiniFest in the making!

I hope you can make it to the Barnyard Bash that Bill mentioned I can pretty much guarantee you will find it well worth your time.

Hope to meet you soon,

Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:08 am

Welcome to the forum. Great place as Barnyard said. Hope to meet you there in a couple of weeks.

Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:25 pm

Welcome. Good to see another member from Liberty Township,ohio.I hope u can make the bash at Baynyards.This is the GREATEST site on the net.Rick :lol: :D :shock: