This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

New guy logging in

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
Doodle
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 47923
Tractors Owned: International, Case IH
Circle of Safety: Y

New guy logging in

Postby Doodle » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:33 pm

Hello, let me say this is a very informative forum and site. I have been reading many things offered here for a few weeks and it is extremely helpful.
I used to restore tractors 20-30 years ago and just starting to do it again. I restored a full size 56 series IH last winter but the large size tractor was a handful for my wore out back. I decided I need a much smaller project next so hence a Cub.
I have recently acquired a 1950 cub and a 1963 loboy. I never had a tractor as small as the Cub but I am getting hooked fast. I didn't know about all the attachment possibilities a Cub has. Looking forward to acquiring a few of these attachments and trying them out. I'm sure I will be asking questions along the way.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Donegal Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: New guy logging in

Postby Donegal Cub » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:21 am

Hello Doodle,
Welcome to the forum. You will find the guys here willingly share their undoubted knowledge and expertise without reservation. Great advice & great forum, enjoy the ride :{_}: :{_}:
Bernard,
Donegal Cub.

Bezirk
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 22843
Tractors Owned: Farmall Cub 1949, Oliver OC3 crawler 1951, Ford 8 N 1948, Oliver 77 Row Crop 1953, JohnDeere, La, 1941, John Deere 4115/w loader, 2004, John Deere stationary power unit LUC, Farmall M, 1946, Oliver 77 Row crop w/ loader

Postby Bezirk » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:29 am

Welcome to "the" forum for good advise and also fine folks to be friends with.

Berlin
I started out with nothing and now I only have half of that left !

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:48 am

Welcome to the forum, Doodle. Glad you're here!

If you haven't explored it already, you can download manuals using the link at the top ribbon across the screen (i.e. PDF Manuals or Rudi's Manuals). Either one will be a great source of info.

Being in NE Indiana, you're within striking distance of the Barnyard Bash, held near Harrison, OH in the Spring. Keep an eye on the CubFest and Tractor Show section for updates of CubFests held throughout the year.

If you have any questions, just start a new thread under the Farmall Cub section and ask away. Again, welcome! :coffee:
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:53 am

Welcome.

You need to decide the major function for your tractors. I use my Cubs as mower tractors and for trailer work.

I have implements for garden work; plow, disk harrow, peg toothed harrow. But it's to time consuming to trailer the tractor and implements to the various garden plots, plus changing implements.

If you have spent some time reading the columns on this site you probably have discovered that Cub owners use their tractors for quite a number of tasks. Snow time, lot of Cubs have snow blades and chains mounted.
I have an excuse. CRS.

sdurnal
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47201
Tractors Owned: 105 & 127 cadet (sacrificed for a 4wd project)

680 Cadet
1964 LoBoy FH
L-54A Blade
Pennington 3 spindle deck
LF-194 plow

Postby sdurnal » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:30 am

Welcome Doodle! Glad to have you on board. (My 64 LoBoy will be nearly identical to your's so if you need photos, etc, just shout)
Just noticed your zip, and you're about 2 hrs north of me. There's also some Cubbers in your area, as well as a Cubfest in the fall. Really worth looking into!
Regards, Stan

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965

Postby Cecil » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:05 am

Welcome aboard

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:36 am

Welcome to the Forum. Let us know if we can be of help.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Doodle
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby Doodle » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:08 am

Eugene wrote:Welcome.

You need to decide the major function for your tractors. I use my Cubs as mower tractors and for trailer work.

I have implements for garden work; plow, disk harrow, peg toothed harrow. But it's to time consuming to trailer the tractor and implements to the various garden plots, plus changing implements.

If you have spent some time reading the columns on this site you probably have discovered that Cub owners use their tractors for quite a number of tasks. Snow time, lot of Cubs have snow blades and chains mounted.

About all Cubs around me were used for mowing tractors. I first wanted a snow plow-grader blade for my home driveway. After researching all the possibilities, I can see the tillage tools would be handy.
The loboy has a fast hitch and I have a few other things in mind. I have a air compressor and a welder generator that both have bad gas engines about the horsepower as the Cub. With the high pto speed of the Cub I should be able to figure out a way to power them. Using the fast hitch, it should be a somewhat handy portable unit or units. At least that is what I am imagining.

Doodle
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby Doodle » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:26 am

sdurnal wrote:Welcome Doodle! Glad to have you on board. (My 64 LoBoy will be nearly identical to your's so if you need photos, etc, just shout)
Just noticed your zip, and you're about 2 hrs north of me. There's also some Cubbers in your area, as well as a Cubfest in the fall. Really worth looking into!
Regards, Stan

Thanks for the offer and I may take you up on that sometime. My Loboy doesn't look bad from 20 feet but it needs a lot of mechanical work. Clutch, brakes, seals, wiring and carb. I'm sure more after I get started.
Unfortunately it is missing all the 6 volt lights and I'm not sure which style is correct for it.

Mike in Louisiana
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71023

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:07 am

Welcome to the forum. Check out some of the sponsors at bottom of page, also the Vine forum for items for sale.
1975 cub (LouAnn) serial # 245946, 1941 John Deere Model H

Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

Return to “Introduce Yourself”