'48 Cub brand new owner

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.

Moderator: Team Cub

CaperKen
Zip Code: B0E3A0
Skype Name: ken.dealmpr
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub (sn 26136), named Rosalie

'48 Cub brand new owner

Postby CaperKen » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:31 am

Hi -- I'm really glad that I found this forum.

I just recently bought a '48 Farmall Cub. It seems to be in terrific condition. When purchased, it started quickly and ran very smooth with no smoke whatsoever. (It suddenly stopped starting and I posted a question in the main forum.)

Mine is red with yellow rad cover and yellow wheels and some blue on a few pieces. I guess there are some other colors.

The offset design of this tractor seems to make so much sense, I wonder why others have everything lined up in the middle. Perhaps the offset does not work for larger tractors.

My tractor (called Rosalie) came with the sickle mower and a one blade plow. I'm going to scrounge around for some other implements.

I live on Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia. This is between the Canadian provinces of Nova Scotia and Newfoundland, northeast of Maine. It's very beautiful and peaceful here with very little industry. There's quire a bit of fishing and some agriculture. And, local people always hope for an increasing tourist trade, which has been improving nicely during the past two years. National Geographics and several travel magazines have rated Cape Breton as one of the top four islands in the world to visit. There's not much exciting going on here. No amusement parks and nothing very fancy. But the natural beauty is amazing.

Well, it's nice to "meet" you and thanks for those of you who maintain the forum and answer questions.

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: '48 Cub brand new owner

Postby Bob McCarty » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:14 pm

Welcome to the Forum. Let us know if we can be of any help. We've been to NB, Nova Scotia, and PEI, guess another trip is in order to see your area.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Mike in Louisiana
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71023
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: '48 Cub brand new owner

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:00 am

Welcome to the forum.