This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Newbie from Colorado

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
COJACK
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 81623
Tractors Owned: 1949 Farmall Cub

Newbie from Colorado

Postby COJACK » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:06 pm

Hello,

I am new to the whole Cub scene. I just picked up my 49 Cub a few weeks ago and spent the day today scratching my head about how to mount the snow plow blade. I think I am missing some linkage and was searching around and found this forum. I have used forums to share and learn for snowmobiles and rock crawling, so I am familiar with the format. The tractor came with a Wood's 42 mower, a sickle mower, a one bottom plow, and a blade, but not all of the stuff is original to this tractor, so I am fighting with trying to figure out what is missing, how to attach everything, and where to source missing parts and consumable parts, like blades and belts.

Jack

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Newbie from Colorado

Postby Bob McCarty » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:22 pm

Jack, Welcome to the Forum. I'm just north of Longmont. If you click on TM Tractor parts at the bottom of the page, they have a "gallery and picture archive" and a "how to hook up implements" sections. At the top of the page, you can click on quick links, then PDF manuals and find implement manuals for those you have. Let us know if we can be of any help. It would also be helpful if you can post a picture of what you have.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

COJACK
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby COJACK » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:51 pm

Thanks Bob. Good to know that there are others out west. I apparently can't access some of the quick links until I have posted some more, which is tough since I am so new to this scene. I will get some pics this week and see if you all can help me get some stuff sorted out so that my tractor is not just cool yard art. It is freshly restored, so it is really cool yard art. People are always going slow past the house to see what I am up to with it.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:26 pm

Jack, welcome to the forum. Bob puts on a great CubFest every year in Longmont. I hope to see you there in September.

Here is the link Bob referred to. http://www.tmtractor.com/tm-tractor/gim/gim_001.htm
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:27 am

Congrats on the new-to-you Cub. Welcome to the forum.
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

Mike in Louisiana
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71023

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:20 am

Jack, Welcome to the forum.
1975 cub (LouAnn) serial # 245946, 1941 John Deere Model H

Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

Jeff Silvey
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 46055
Tractors Owned: -
1950 Demo,1956 w/ FH, 1959 w 59" mower,
Cub L-54 Blade,152 Plow
189 plow, LF 194 Plow, Woods 42" Mower,
Choremaster Garden tractors & Implements
Antique Gas engines

Postby Jeff Silvey » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:20 am

Welcome to the forum. You'll get a lot out of this site.
In my line of work
" EVERYBODY GOES HOME THE NEXT MORNING"

COJACK
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby COJACK » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:37 am

Ok guys I think I found the grader blade that I have in my search through the quick links and the tmtractor link. It seems like it is the '48 blade, but I am missing the two rod links and the flat bar link that lifts the blade. I also don't have the bolt that mounts the u shaped bracket to the front tractor mount. My last question is that the link that goes to the rear most tractor mount appears to have a hole that is smaller than the bolt that is in that mounting point. With it being dark when I get home from work, I may not be able to get any pics until the holiday. I am sure that would help. The real question is short of fabricating pieces myself, which I could probably do. Where can I source these few pieces? I am seeing a lot of 'complete' stuff, but not the misc pieces that I need.

COJACK
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby COJACK » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:43 am

Oh and thanks for all of the welcome notes. I am already finding more information on the forum and with your help than I was finding on my own. Their seems to be lots of photos, but I was having a hard time getting any sort of technical information. Now I seem to have access to more information than I can digest.

Barnyard,
Thanks for the invite to Longmont Cubfest. I will try to keep an eye out for that. I am a few hours west, but it would be great to get up close to some other tractors like mine.

Jack

Ike
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 66801
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1951 Cub
1938 MH 101
1949 MH 44

Postby Ike » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:56 am

COJACK wrote:Barnyard,
Thanks for the invite to Longmont Cubfest. I will try to keep an eye out for that. I am a few hours west, but it would be great to get up close to some other tractors like mine.

Jack

I doubt you would have to wait for the Longmont Cubfest. I think it's a safe bet that Bob would welcome a visit at other times, as well. :wink: :)

Ike

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:42 am

COJACK wrote:Barnyard,Thanks for the invite to Longmont Cubfest. I will try to keep an eye out for that. I am a few hours west, but it would be great to get up close to some other tractors like mine.

Maybe a few hours west for you, but I am 18 hours east. We plan to be there again in 2017. By the way, Ike is right, Bob wouldn't mind a visit before hand either.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Return to “Introduce Yourself”