Batteries, magnetos, distributors, wiring harnesses and more.
Moderators: Barnyard, Team Cub
This may seem to be very elementary to the Cub Cadet experts here, but some Cub Cadet restorers might be surprised to know that IH INCLUDED the headlight wire IN THE WIRING HARNESS and a HOT WIRE from the IGNITION SWITCH for the HEADLIGHT SWITCH on the older Cub Cadet models.
- At the FRONT of the harness (near where the right front headlight will be mounted) you'll find a spare wire that is taped to the harness, with a horseshoe clip fastened at the end. THIS MOUNTS TO THE RIGHT HEADLIGHT OUTSIDE SCREW CONNECTION.
- Run a bridge wire from the OUTSIDE RIGHT SCREW CONNECTOR to the left headlight OUTSIDE SCREW CONNECTOR (This suplies POWER to BOTH headlights from the wire harness wire.
- Run another bridge wire from BOTH headlight INSIDE SCREW CONNECTORS, and GROUND THIS WIRE to the BOTTOM regulator mounting bolt. MAKE SURE ALL CONNECTIONS ARE CLEAN fora GOD CONNECTION and a GOOD ground.
- Remove the dashboard from your Cub Cadet, and locate the end of the wire harness. Taped to the end, you'll find the end of the headlight wire with a BLACK FEMALE push connector on it. Connect a MALE push connector to this wire and attach the other end (using a CIRCLE wire connector) to one of the screw terminals of the HEADLIGHT SWITCH (NOTE: You don't need to drill a hole for mountaing the headlight switch, as IH supplied a PRE-DRILLED hole in the TOWER on the LEFT side).
- Locate the wires coming from the IGNITION KEY SWITCH. You'll find a wire taped to it with a RED CIRCLE CONNECTOR. This attaches to the OTHER SCREW TERMINAL on your Headlight Switch suppling POWER to the switch ONLY WHEN YOUR IGITION SWITCH IS TURNED ON...OR the engine is running.
- If you have a TAIL LIGHT...run a wire FROM THE TAIL LIGHT to the SAME SIDE OF THE HEADLIGHT SWITCH that your HEADLIGHT wire is connected to. THIS WILL GIVE YOU HEADLIGHTS & TAIL LIGHT when the headlight switch is PULLED ON.
Last edited by Dennis on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed numbered list to [list=1] type.
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"
- Cub Pro
- Posts: 2573
- Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2003 5:25 am
- Location: TN, Loudon (near Knoxville)
- Zip Code: 37774
- Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
1971 Cub Cadet Model 73
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
3 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill
- Circle of Safety: Y
Return to Ignition/Electrical
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest