This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Mag Oil Seal Installation Tool

Batteries, magnetos, distributors, wiring harnesses and more.
RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536
Circle of Safety: Y

Mag Oil Seal Installation Tool

Postby RaymondDurban » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:52 pm

The following steps only work if you have wood working tools available...

1) Take a small piece of hardwood and plane it down to the correct thickness (23/32"), or as close as you can using a caliper to measure the board.
2) Then take a new seal and trace an outline of it on the board. Cut the outline out of the board on the inside of the line, so it's a bit smaller in diameter than the seal.
3)Cut out another circle, larger than the seal and stack it on the first circle you cut out. This will create a "lip" so that the seal isn't driven in too far. Drill a hole through both and bolt them together.
4) Now you have a driver that is the correct size as to equalize the contact points, and thickness so that the seal is set to the proper place.

I've made a few like this and they work great!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Mag oil seal n stall question

Postby RaymondDurban » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:01 pm

When I get to Fla, I'll get the dimensions and a few pics for everyone. It's real easy to make if you have the right tools. I used the lathe on mine to get it nice and perfect, but not in a chuck. I just squeezed the boards up between the tailstock and motor after the rough cut with a scroll saw. The lathe dimples in the wood created the center points for the drill press to create the holes necessary to bolt them together.

Return to “Ignition/Electrical”