This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Lost cover, made replacement

Anything pertaining to these components will be found here.
Cub Junk
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 70062

Lost cover, made replacement

Postby Cub Junk » Mon May 27, 2013 9:55 pm

100_3941 - Version 2.JPG
Cut to fit
100_3941 - Version 2.JPG (130.21 KiB) Viewed 8143 times
100_3970 - Version 2.JPG
Painted to match
100_3970 - Version 2.JPG (91.72 KiB) Viewed 8143 times
100_3628 - Version 2.JPG
Where it is needed, but not there
100_3628 - Version 2.JPG (155.14 KiB) Viewed 8143 times
Working on repairing our Farmall Cub, c 1957? Ordered a replacement part for Final Drive on the left :?: (according to what I read in one of the online manuals, this is determined from sitting in the seat facing forward) side, the dust cap, push-in type that goes over the castellated nut. The wrong part arrived. My men got frustrated, but my husband and our boy measured carefully, then went to their corners to consider. After searching scrap buckets, trash cans, wherever they could think of, my hubby decided to measure all the food cans in my kitchen. Happily, Campbell's Tomato Soup 10 3/4 oz. can seemed just right. The newer type, no seam on the side or the bottom. (We haven't eaten the soup yet, it's in a container in the fridge. :lol: ) I washed out the can, we brought it back to our boy's yard and they cut it, checked it out, it fit, now, it's painted. :{_}: Well, they are out of order, but check out our dust cover! Hopefully, it will last awhile. I'll update you all if it works or not.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Differential, Final Drive, PTO and Brakes”