This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Installed wheel weights-Wow! That was easy!

Tricks and tips for mounting tires, weights and more.
maybeacub
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 10517
Tractors Owned: IH Cub 1972
Mahindra 2615HST
Ariens GT16
Sold- Oliver Super 55

Installed wheel weights-Wow! That was easy!

Postby maybeacub » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:18 pm

Bought rear wheel weights last week. The seller was half my age and just picked them up and put them in my van. When I got home I realized I wasn't going to be able to pick them up so had to figure out how to get them out of the van and on the Cub by myself.(safely)

I lined up my hand truck, blocked the wheels and slid one weight down the handles of the hand truck.
WW1.jpg

Here it is after sliding down.
WW2.jpg

I brought it over to the Cub and placed two 2x10s about 4 ft long on the rim forming a V. I rested the hand truck on top of the V with the handles blocked up for stability.
WW3.jpg

The weight easily slid up the handles of the hand truck to the V where I just stood the weight up.
WW4.jpg

The height was perfect and with a little jiggling of the weight to line up the holes the bolt slipped right through. Secured one to hold in place then put all 4 on with lock washers.
WW5.jpg

This really couldn't have gone any smoother. Hope this helps someone else!
"I have nothing to do today and by noon I want to be half done"

1972 Cub
Ariens GT16
Mahindra 2615

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Steering, Tires/Wheels and Weights”