This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

getting to old to lift weights

Tricks and tips for mounting tires, weights and more.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

getting to old to lift weights

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri May 07, 2010 9:40 pm

When I was young and stupid, as opposed to now being old and stupid I used to pick up rear wheel weights and install them on my cub by hand, which is one of the reasons for my having severe arthritis in my back and an artificial hip. Now i try to work a little smarter. I don't have the ability to make a tool for installing them of the quality George Willer made, but am real good at make do. 2 scraps of 1 inch thin wall square tubing, a couple of 1/2 x 8 grade 5 bolts, an extra clevis off the shelf, combined with a cheap wire feed welder, and this is the result.

Stop tractor with a bolthole at the top, and just roll the hoist into place. I ground a taper on the bolt the weight hangs on to help guide it in the hole and put a nut and washer on the bolt for safety while picking up and moving the weight to a tractor. One in place simply slip the side bolts in and tighten them, then roll the hoist away, move the tractor enough to get to the other 2 bolts and install them. If you need to shift it a little to get second ones in, just hook the bolt in the center hole.

I believe someone else on the forum built one similar to this last year.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Steering, Tires/Wheels and Weights”