This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Rick Dulas' aka WisconsinCubMan Memorial Jack Stand

Splitting stand, mounting stands, etc, etc.
drspiff
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 77802
Tractors Owned: The '51
Blue Boy
Scout
a host of parts tractors

Rick Dulas' aka WisconsinCubMan Memorial Jack Stand

Postby drspiff » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:06 pm

After thousands of people requested information on the Belly stand (ok, I'm sure somebody thought about requesting information), I've drawn up a set of plans for jackstand/belly stand that is height adjustable, provides additional flexibility, and is reasonably easy to assemble. All the joints are lap joints rather than butt joints so if your welding is a little rusty, you can still assemble this jackstand with confidence. You can construct other center posts besides the saddle. I have a flat top center post with a bottle jack bolted on to it. What follows are 3 .gif images of the information on this jackstand. They are located on the Cub photo server so you can get and print the full-size versions. If you find any problems or things are not clear, drop me a PM.

→→→ CONSTRUCTION QUALITY AND USE OF THIS JACKSTAND IS A HEALTH & SAFETY ISSUE ← ←←

If you are not confidant in your welding and assembly skills, do not put one of these jackstands together and then complain when your tractor falls on your leg.

PAGE 1
PAGE 2
PAGE 3

I have some pictures of my prototype that I will be posting shortly.

Rick (Mikey likes it!) Dulas

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

drspiff
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 77802
Tractors Owned: The '51
Blue Boy
Scout
a host of parts tractors

Re: WisconsinCubMan Memorial Jackstand

Postby drspiff » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:42 pm

"Ask and ye shall receive"...

Here is a picture of the stand with the saddle top

Here is the same stand with the flat top, a bottle mounted on top with a 4" "spacer". (The observant among you will be quick to recognize the spacer as a 2" pipe nipple 4" long)

Here is a picture of the inner and outer tubes resting on a saddle

And here are the assembled tops, saddle and flat.

How's that for service?

Rick (would you like fries with that?) Dulas

Return to “Specialty tools”