This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

How To Make Fuel Shutoff Valve Tools

Splitting stand, mounting stands, etc, etc.
Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

How To Make Fuel Shutoff Valve Tools

Postby Don McCombs » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:04 pm

Ed Harbur and Jim Becker have come up with some great designs for fuel shutoff valve tools. Here's how they did it in their own words and photos.

Ed Harbur's design...
I made myself a tool for the L shaped shut off valve. It's very simple - a 3/4" x 10" piece of aluminum rod with with a 5/16" wide x 1/2" deep x 1/2" long slot milled up one side (not across the end) with a through hole at the end of the slot. Works well enough, and quick and easy to make, even for a very amateur machinist like myself.

Jim Becker's design...
It is made from 1 foot of 1/2 PVC pipe. The first end shown is for use with "L" type handles. Drill a 1/4 hole on one side of the pipe 1/4 from the end of the pipe. Then use a hacksaw to cut it into a slot. The second end is for use with "T" type handles. Drill a 7/16 hole clear through that just touches the end of the pipe. Then use a hacksaw to cut both holes into slots. Since it is so close to the end, it may be easier to drill a hole a little bit from the end then cut the excess off or just cut slots with a hack saw.

Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Specialty tools”