This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

My Fertilizer Tube Solution

How to fix them and how to use them.
tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39154
Tractors Owned: 1969 Farmall Cub
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

My Fertilizer Tube Solution

Postby tmays » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:37 pm

I needed to side dress my corn, but didn't have a fertilizer tube. (Yep, got my corn planted late). You'll need 29" of pool vacuum hose. Bought mine for 2.89 per foot at a local lumber store. A 1 1/4 inch machine washer. One 5/16x1" bolt, 2 flat washers, and nut. Place large washer over the end of hose. It is a spiral hose, so will basically screw onto hose with a little persuasion. I sliced the ridge on the hose at washers final resting place to make a better fit. Drill 5/16 hole in other end of tube and voila! You have this

Here it is installed. Worked flawlessly. I cannot speak to durability, but so far I am very pleased

29 inches may be a bit too long, but I didn't want much pressure pulling on the bottom end. So I think it's a good length
Thomas

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Implements”