This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Super A Fuel Tank

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
jlube
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 35447

Super A Fuel Tank

Postby jlube » Tue May 15, 2018 4:46 pm

New member here and have recently purchased a Super A. This tractor has been sitting for years. I was able to get it to run but continue to fight fuel problems. There is lots of rust in the tank. What is the best way to clean the tank?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

48Cub48SuperA
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 48821

Re: Super A Fuel Tank

Postby 48Cub48SuperA » Tue May 15, 2018 10:43 pm

I watched a few you tube videos and was not going to take the time or the doubt that it would not be clean enough. The baffle is a spot that even nuts and bolts or gravel can't clean well enough for me. I popped my 48 Super A's tank off and took it to a radiator shop. They are going to dip it clean and coat the inside for $200. I don't have it back yet. I know that I wanted this part of the rebuild done by a pro.

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”