This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Questions about brake band replacement on a Farmall A

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John S
10+ Years
10+ Years

Questions about brake band replacement on a Farmall A

Postby John S » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:22 pm

I’m getting ready to replace the brake bands on my 1947 Farmall A, all I have right now is a Blue Ribbon manual. It’s pretty abbreviated on quite a few things including missing illustrations and service charts. My question is do you just remove the final drive units with the differential shafts connected poking out of them? Or do you need to pull those end caps off and pull the differential shafts out first? Also how much do they weigh and what’s the best way to handle them? Can two guys just muscle them off? Thank you in advance for any info.
It's easier to ask dumb questions than it is to correct dumb mistakes.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:31 pm

Just remove the 6 or 8 boltss (not sure an an A) and lside the haousing and shaft away form tracotr. 2 people can hnadle them, but is easier with a lift. I.m guessing aobut 120 to150 pounds each. wyhile you are at it you might want to replace the differential seals.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

John S
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby John S » Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:40 pm

Great that's what I thought but I wanted to be sure before I tore into it this weekend. Thank you
It's easier to ask dumb questions than it is to correct dumb mistakes.

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”