This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Evening all, first real tractor

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Evening all, first real tractor

Postby Glen » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:50 pm

Hi,
Below is the Super A operator's manual, if you don't have one. The experts on here recommend people read the operator's manual.
It has lots of info about operation, maintenance, and lubrication.
The lubrication section begins on page 20, and there is a lubrication guide on page 22.

http://farmallcub.com/rudi_cub/www.clea ... index.html

There is an A owner's manual at the top of the page at Quick links, then go to PDF Manuals.
I can't post it here.

I would check or change all the oils, if they haven't been checked or changed lately.
Using the tractor with low oil in a gear housing can damage the parts in the housing.

There are 3 separate gear housings, with 3 separate oil levels to check in the rear area of the tractor, the transmission, and 2 final drives.

The air cleaner is an oil bath air cleaner.
Dirt that is sucked in settles to the bottom of the oil cup, at the bottom of the air cleaner.
The oil cup needs clean oil in it so the air cleaner will work right. :)

In your picture on page 1 of this post, it's a Delco distributor, I guess. They made units to put on some tractors, as I remember.
The 1 or 2 plugs on it, with the straight screwdriver slot, are supposed to be taken out, and a grease fitting put in every so many hours of use, and greased.
You would need to buy a grease fitting right size, and put in to grease it.
It looks like the one below the other you would need a 90 degree fitting to grease it.

You can put the plugs it has in again when you are done greasing it, if you want.
You can buy 1 fitting and change it from 1 hole to the other, if you want.

Below is a pic of an IH Battery Ignition unit, they are horizontal.
IH used the same style on the Super A.
They came out on the Cub during 1950. :)

http://farmallcub.com/rudi_cub/www.clea ... age-11.jpg

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”