This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Super A - Transmission shift fork position?

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Butterbean
Zip Code: 30052

Super A - Transmission shift fork position?

Postby Butterbean » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:37 pm

Looking for a little direction concerning the shifting forks on the transmission cover. I have taken it completely apart thinking I had everything marked. Evidently I didn't. I am trying to find the correct position for the three forks that the three little ball bearings that sit on the three springs. I've tried to line them up thinking it would be neutral. Didn't seem to work. Any thoughts about the positons for each slide rail? I am wanting to make sure the balls are in the correct grooves.

Also, the shifting forks don't seem to slide as freely as I think they should. I did change the 1/2" balls. The old ones were pretty rough. I've lubricated with WD-40. Still not smooth. When I tighten the 4 bolts that holds it in place it doesn't want to slide. The parts diagram doesn't show a washer but have any of you ever put a flat washer on the 4 bolts as a spacer?

Thanks.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Super A - Transmission shift fork position?

Postby Don McCombs » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:42 pm

WD-40 is not really an effective lubricant. Try something like a silicon or white grease spray.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Butterbean
Zip Code: 30052

Re: Super A - Transmission shift fork position?

Postby Butterbean » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:49 pm

I will give it a try in the AM. Thx.

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”