This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

NicoDerm for Farmalls :)

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

NicoDerm for Farmalls :)

Postby allenlook » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:53 pm

Well, I took the plugs out of the Super A, and #1 and #2 looked really good, which they *should* for being brand new with only an hour or two of idling on them...

#3 was very sooty, and #4 was black. I put the PB B'laster into it for a night, and then put a bunch of SeaFoam into each cylinder for another night.

I buttoned it up today and give it a go... At first it was smoking *seriously* and it idled for 20 minutes putting out a LOT of smoke. This afternoon while working it hard, it cleared up almost 100%, and I'm hopeful that I can keep it that way. I put a lot of SeaFoam in the gas and a lot in the oil, and I think it needs to be run hard for a while?
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:26 pm

Allen, I would work it hard for 2 or 3 hours, and then change the oil and see how it does with striaght oil for a while. if you have quite a bit of seafoam in gas it may cause a little smoke, but it will be white to grey.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Postby allenlook » Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:37 pm

John,

The smoke's generally white anyway, never really black, although the plugs are blackened?
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”