International A's

Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:10 pm

How many did they make? Found a Super A, but it has the Foot throttle, heavy duty axle, and the engine prefix is IAA, so it's an International A. Just wondering how many they made. Brandon.

Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:56 pm

Yesterday's Tractor Co. "Serial Number Guide".

Model Super A

1947---250001
1954 --353348

No specific breakdown on the number of "A"s produced.

Eugene

Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:56 pm

Foot throttle? Did they bypass or disconnect the govenor? On my jeep 4x4 tractor a foot throttle is a pain in the @ss. I'm either going too slow or too fast and too busy to be on the gas too. I'm going to add a peerless govenor soon it costs about $200. The best part of my int154 cub is the govenor on the engine it keeps it at the correct RPM/TORQUE needed for the situation nothing more or less the power is right there either way with no hands or feet doing it. I think we take the govenor for granted......its a very important part of the tractor.

Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:06 pm

The foot throttle works in conjuction with the hand throttle and does not overide the governor. Very handy!

Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:41 pm

I don't believe the Super A came with a foot throttle by default. i would guess someone added it.

You would have to modify the rod from the throttle or something to let a foot throttle override it.

I will have to look at the parts manual.

Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:48 pm

Mark:

You may be right, but I do know of a couple custom fitted foot throttles that were built for Super A's. I am seeing if we can actually get a foot throttle built for a Cub.. wouldn't that be neat :?: :!:

Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:34 pm

If it is an industrial Super A it would have been equipt with a foot throttle from the factory.

Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:45 pm

We have one industrial A and it has the foot throttle, it is neat. It has a normal throttle plate similar to the cubs, but the foot throttle has a rod that goes up to the hand throttle. It's an easy was to give it a little throttle when your driving with one hand and working the handlift with the other. :lol:

Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:27 pm

Rudi wrote:Mark:

You may be right, but I do know of a couple custom fitted foot throttles that were built for Super A's. I am seeing if we can actually get a foot throttle built for a Cub.. wouldn't that be neat :?: :!:

Maybe if we could talk Brandon into some detailed photos of the A foot throttle mechanism????? There are some pretty good engineers on this forum. :roll:

Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:55 pm

I have a line on one now for my "100". If I get it, I'll take detailed pics and measure things out.

foot throtle

Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:34 pm

i think they were an option i know of an original on a cub low boy in wi