1952 Farmall Super A temperature gage

Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:48 pm

Just about to start putting my 1952 Farmall Super A back together after a restoration project and I cannot find the hole to screw in the temperature sensor! We have looked everywhere! where is it supposed to be located? This is really frustrating! Help! Ken

Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:09 pm

Top side of the lower radiator elbow. If you are ADDING a gage, the hole probably was not drilled. If present, it is drilled and threaded with a pipe thread.

Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:38 pm

Here are a few pics of my temp gauge installed. The last three bottom pics are the temp gauge.

Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:40 pm

The sender for the 100 is in a different location than one on a Super A.

Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:16 pm

Ok, had I read what you wrote, I might have realized that. :lol:

1952 Farmall Super A Temperature gage placement

Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:00 pm

Thanks for your replies! But, I am now very confused! The pictures show the water temperature sensor placement on the fan support housing. Another said the correct sensor placement is on the top side of the lower radiator elbo! My Super A had a broken water temp. gage on it by the steering wheel but I can't locate any hole to put the sensor in to sample the water temp! Any ideas? Ken

Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:05 pm

Ken - the photos show the installation on a Farmall 100. As Jim mentioned, the sender for an A is in a different location - as mentioned - the top side of the lower radiator elbow.

Farmall Super A water temperature sensor placement

Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:24 pm

Thanks BigDog! I will check out the lower radiator elbo. I never have trouble putting holes in things! Thanks to all! Ken

Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:59 pm

The temperature gage by the steering wheel is normally one for the Touch-Control, not the engine. The sender screws into the screen cover on the left side of the T-C block.

1953 Farmall Super A temperature gage sensor placement

Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:22 am

Hi Jim Becker! I think you hit the nail on the head! My temp gage is not for water but for the touch control hyd. Do you have a picture of where the screen cover on the left side of the T-C block is? I have no idea. Does anyone? Thanks for your help! Ken

Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:45 am

I don't have a picture, but Rudi's Manual Server should. The server seems to be down right now so I can't find the exact page and post the link. When it is up, go there http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/index.html and follow the maintenance manual links until you get to the Preventive Maintenance Manual for the Cub, 140, 240 and 340. Go to page 44. Illistration 44A has an arrow labeled "C" pointing right at it.

Temp sensor placement on a Farmall Super A

Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:23 pm

I have looked everywhere and still can't find a place to plug in any touch control temp. sensor. I know my tractor had one, I took the old one off, but it didn't have the wire connected. Anyone with any experience with this problem? I am stumped! Ken

Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:16 am

Look at # 34. This is a screen filter for the hydraulic fluid. It screws into the center of it. If the gauge was disconnected, there is either a plug screwed iinto the hole OR the screen has been replaced with one without the hole for the gauge. Both types are available from Case/IH.