Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:35 pm

TexCub wrote:Not sure who all has heard of this source, but a fellow I know has used him quite a bit for parts on his Super A:

http://www.joesfarmallparts.com

I believe he's in PA. Haven't used him myself as I only have a Cub and our sponsors have a wrap on all my parts needs for it.

Dave

Joe's Farmalls (Joe Rice) isn't a site sponsor but I buy a bit from him. He's at Clarion, PA... good guy. At the moment he's having a little trouble filling orders because he can't walk but he's doing his best. I think he now has part time help.

Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:12 pm

Geez, I think I'd ask the guy to buy a new oil filter, and then change it, making sure you dig the old gasket out of the slot. If you don't have a good gasket base, it will never seal. Should be worth a $6 investment at NAPA for the PO to correct the problem and give you confidence that it is not something serious. 1500 is a premium price . . . it's the least he can do for you.

Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:16 pm

Maybe i'm just too eager to find one, I have to slow down and wait for a decent one. The milky gray colored oil had me worried. I'm having better luck with the cub cadets. :roll: BB