Yea! I think I found a plow!

Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:24 pm

As many of you may know, I bought a super A and needed to find some implements for it by spring. I recently found locally a two bottom plow for the tractor as told by the sales guy. I just want to be sure before purchasing, does this sound right? Will this tractor pull this? Thanks for your help in advance.

Kind regards
Ed

Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:48 pm

There is a two bottom plow for the A. If you give the dimensions of the plow someone will be able to tell if the A can handle it. Or possible a picture? hope this helps :)

Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:32 pm

Perhaps. There isn't one answer. Depends on the soil type, soil conditions, size of the plow, the plow itself, engine conditon of the tractor, and weighted tractor.

If you are going to buy a plow suggest looking for a 12 or 14 inch bottom plow, And make sure that you can drop off one bottom just in case you can't pull two bottoms. I would also be looking for a plow frame that is adjustable.

Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:00 am

The Super A was designed and sold as a "two bottom plow" machine. Like others have said, it depends a lot on the soil conditions, but if you have typical topsoil, or sandy/loose soils, the 2-bottom plow will not be a problem. If you have heavy soil or soil with lots of clay, you may want to look for the single bottom plow.

Bill

Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:37 am

The two bottom plow was an A-295 or an A-295A. It should be 12" bottoms, that was the only factory size available in a two bottom.

The single bottom plow could come in 14, 16, and maybe 12" sizes.

IH also made a 3 bottom "orchard plow" for the Super A. Three 9" bottoms. 8)

Al