This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

My new 47 A

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
deputy jailer
10+ Years
10+ Years

My new 47 A

Postby deputy jailer » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:32 am

MAnaged to snap a pic today of the A. Not a real good one but it shows my new addition :D :D

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Ron Luebke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30145
eBay ID: 9716ron

Postby Ron Luebke » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:50 am

looks good josh.a friend of mine just got his grandads super A. stout tractors :!:
TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT !!!

' its just plain ole Ron '

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:02 am

Podge: Is yours an A or SA? Nice looking tractor. What is the lever which extends in front of the platform? Is this used as a step in mounting the tractor or does it have a different function. Dan

deputy jailer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby deputy jailer » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:24 am

Dan England wrote:Podge: Is yours an A or SA? Nice looking tractor. What is the lever which extends in front of the platform? Is this used as a step in mounting the tractor or does it have a different function. Dan

According to the ser# its an A

LiL' Red
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61423
eBay ID: woodpecker56

Postby LiL' Red » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:39 am

Pretty decent lookin' little A, I see someone added the front brace. Does it have the cast right wheel?

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Boss Hog » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:50 am

deputyjailer90 aka podge wrote:
Dan England wrote:Podge: Is yours an A or SA? Nice looking tractor. What is the lever which extends in front of the platform? Is this used as a step in mounting the tractor or does it have a different function. Dan

Josh at the least it is an industral A sq.axle and brace on front. cant tell for sure but it looks lik it has a place for a hydraulic pump. what are the casting codes on the engine
David
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

deputy jailer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby deputy jailer » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:59 am

David Bennett wrote:

Josh at the least it is an industral A sq.axle and brace on front. cant tell for sure but it looks lik it has a place for a hydraulic pump. what are the casting codes on the engine
David

Is having an Industrial A a good thing :?: :D

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:04 am

What is the purpose of the round rod extending parallel to the forward edge of the platform? Dan

Phillip W. Lenke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43449

Postby Phillip W. Lenke » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:13 am

Is that an IA front axel and connecting rod to block?
"Work Hard ,Play Often,Care Always"

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:57 am

Industrial front axle. Does it also have the foot throttle?
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Boss Hog » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:20 pm

David Bennett wrote:

David

Is having an Industrial A a good thing :?: :D

It aint a bad thing :D
not many I. As.
Could be a half and half
check casting no.s
David
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

deputy jailer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby deputy jailer » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:45 pm

George Willer wrote:Industrial front axle. Does it also have the foot throttle?

Yes George it is on there :D

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:23 pm

David Bennett wrote: Josh at the least it is an industral A sq.axle and brace on front. cant tell for sure but it looks lik it has a place for a hydraulic pump. what are the casting codes on the engine
David

That reminds me. I know Super A's way better than straight A's. Did any of the very last A's have the spot for the hydraulic pump? I have always wondered if maybe they did in preparation for the Super A.

My Super A is a mid-late 1948. Recently I saw a Super A sell that was an earlier '48, I want to say the serial was around 255,xxx. Right away I could spot some stuff that looked more "A" era than Super A--the block had the "IHC" cast in the side of it while my Super A has the "IH" emblem in the same spot. Guy's Letter Series book indicates that some changes got blended in as the Super A was built and so that's what makes me wonder about the "hydraulic ready" engine blocks.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Boss Hog » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:29 pm

Yes they did Al, I have one like that
David
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:36 pm

Looks good Josh!!!I'd die if I had to leave mine outside.I hope someday to have a nice pole barn like GW has!!!Heated because I'll have the bucks!!!HaHa!!I think first I'll get a job.Nice tractor,I'm sure you find a way to put it to work!!!!Kevin
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”