best repo hood for SA

Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:59 am

I know where to go for Cub parts, but I want to get started on my SAV now don't have a favorite supplier for A parts. I bought a A battery box from OEM and it is real nice but I don't like thier Cub box. I want to buy a hood now and would like to know if anyone has had the oppertunity to compare the one from OEM and Marks Tractors?

Re: best repo hood for SA

Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:09 am

There was post not to long ago asking about the OEM hoods. From what I remember there were no negative comments about them. Why not find a good original hood for it?

Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:50 pm

I just received a hood from OEM for my model A, pretty darn nice....straight, clean lines, and heavy gauge.
I purchased it on Ebay and saved $20.00 over the catalog price.

Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:50 pm

I havent purchased one but Jamie at JP's toild me here a while back that he sold new repo hoods, might give him a shot as well :D

Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:23 pm

There is a pretty nice looking original on ebay right now.

Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:09 am

Don't quote me on this, but I have a feeling that no matter who you buy it from, that reproduction hood will have been made at O.E.M.

Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:43 pm

RustyFarmall wrote:Don't quote me on this, but I have a feeling that no matter who you buy it from, that reproduction hood will have been made at O.E.M.

I am pretty sure you are right on that one. I think they are good, but I would try to find an original for a SAV. That is just me though.

Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:02 am

schmibm wrote:
RustyFarmall wrote:Don't quote me on this, but I have a feeling that no matter who you buy it from, that reproduction hood will have been made at O.E.M.

I am pretty sure you are right on that one. I think they are good, but I would try to find an original for a SAV. That is just me though.

I agree up to a point. If a good original can be found that doesn't require a lot of work to make it presentable, then that would be the better choice. There does come a time though when a reproduction hood makes the most sense.