Ol' Super A

Farmall Super A, AV, 1939 - 1954

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

Ol' Super A

Postby Glxy500 » Tue May 05, 2009 10:03 pm

Super A pulled to the woodside. Guess this is where I will leave it for a while. Maybe 1 day I will run upon the parts I need to fix the dang thing. Reckon I need to plant flowers around it?
Attachments
Photo-0026a.jpg
Photo-0027.jpg
Glxy500
5+ Years
5+ Years

Zip Code: 36280
Tractors Owned: 48' Cub "Junky"
152 Disc Plow
Scratcher (according to cottonpicker)

53' Super A "Spunky"
4 Spring tooth cultivators

06' John Deere 125 Automatic Mower

Re: Ol' Super A

Postby Hairy Moose Knuckles » Wed May 06, 2009 2:24 am

FLOWERS? Shucks no!!! Parts should be easy to find. I've been looking for parts on my super C and I am finding all kinds of parts. What do you need?
Hairy Moose Knuckles
5+ Years
5+ Years

Zip Code: 76635

Postby Glxy500 » Wed May 06, 2009 9:43 am

Knuckles,
Well I am looking for the right radiator. The one I keep finding are to big and wont let me put my hood and grille on. Then the starter fried now I have to pull it off since I dont have a hand crank for it. I have this and a Cub. Both are in decent shape, the little cub runs great, but I really want to do the strong work with this Super A and just do light stuff with the Cub. The Super is just a better feeling tractor to me than the Cub. I love the little Cub, its a play perty. I have most of what I need to work the Cub, but was wanting to use the Super A while I worked and fixed some stuff on the Cub. Just have gotten disgusted I guess Knuckles. I get the stuff I need for the Cub and find out the holes on my final drives have obviously been drilled out to a bigger size and my brackets wont work to hook up my plow. Just stuff like that. I know all these guys go through this stuff too. I guess I just dont have the patience I used to have with this kind of stuff, lol. I have just wasted alot of money and time going to round up the stuff I need and then its for something totally different than what I need. I will eventually run across it, but I am afraid my interest in it will be gone by then. The excitement of having and working these tractors is diminishing pretty quickly.
Glxy500
5+ Years
5+ Years

152 Disc Plow

53' Super A "Spunky"

Postby Hairy Moose Knuckles » Thu May 07, 2009 4:53 am

Believe me, I feel your pain. I spent a couple of years scrimping, saving, looking for just the right tractor. I haven't got to now a single blade if grass. Darn thing won't start worth a flip. I've spent several days monkeying around with the thing. I'm not throwing in the towel yet. I know sometimes it fun playing around with them, but sometimes you wanna work! Good luck!!!
Hairy Moose Knuckles
5+ Years
5+ Years

Zip Code: 76635

Postby Super A » Thu May 07, 2009 8:39 am

Looks like a pretty honest Super A!

I love my Cub, it's a little more nimble for cultivating, but I miss the two-valve Touch Control.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years

Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "The Paperweight"
Cub powered IH 52R combine
Grandfather's 1948 Super A
White demo Super A-"Ol Whitey"
1950 Super A "Old Ugly"
1954 Super A-1
Buncha other junk
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Stan_VA » Thu May 07, 2009 9:42 pm

Glxy500,
if it helps any, a radiator that's too tall sounds like one from a Super C/100/200 etc. Ask for one from a Super A or a straight C and that should fit.
52 Super M, 53 Super H, 52 Super C, Wheel horse C101, JD 140.
Stan_VA
5+ Years
5+ Years

Zip Code: 22728

Postby Glxy500 » Sat May 09, 2009 10:19 am

I did ask for one for a Super A. This man supposedly restores tractors, he has alot of nice ones there. From doing a little digging it seems there were 2 radiators for the Super A. I dont know why. I checked about a site I got off Yesterdays tractors site. According to his Part #s there were 2. Of course the price is wayyyyyyy out of my range so I am stuck looking for a used one. Gonna pull this one apart and see if I can have it repaired. Stupidity is the reason its leaking, (Rolled and hit utility trailer) I guess I deserve to wait for a bit. lol.
Glxy500
5+ Years
5+ Years

152 Disc Plow

53' Super A "Spunky"

Return to Farmall A, Super A, AV