Here's a strange one...

Fri May 08, 2009 9:07 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/FARMALL-A-HI-CROP-C ... .m20.l1116

Kind of an odd one. 6' from the ground to the floor pan!

Re: Here's a strange one...

Fri May 08, 2009 9:35 am

I liked the price!!!! WAY TO HIGH ALSO!!!!! Kevin :shock: :shock: :twisted: :twisted:

Fri May 08, 2009 11:13 am

Kinzers, PA (rough and tumble) has a Ford like that, i believe member owned. i have seen a cub set-up like that, but CRS prevents me from remembering where i saw it. both were by the Tractor stilts company.

way cool, but museum pieces only. too hard to transport. i'd give it a go - on level pavement !

sure is easy to change the oil, though :lol:

Fri May 08, 2009 11:58 am

I certainly wouldn't want to give it a go UNLESS the ground was very level. :lol: :lol:

Fri May 08, 2009 12:16 pm

I think he's fallen off that thing and bumped his head. It won't be worth 200.00 if he doesn't get it out of the weather some year :shock:

Mon May 11, 2009 5:17 pm

artc wrote:i have seen a cub set-up like that, but CRS prevents me from remembering where i saw it.

There is a picture of a cub like that in my farmall book

Mon May 11, 2009 5:45 pm

This particular one has been on ebay several times that I remember. Even if the economy wasn't poor, I doubt he'd ever sell it at that asking price. I suppose a man can ask whatever he wants though ! :wink:

Tue May 12, 2009 10:08 pm

As dangerous as they look since the sheet metal is straight apparently its not fallen over. Maybe people just drove them cautiously.

Tue May 12, 2009 10:12 pm

I just realized why the sheet metal is so good on it. hahahahha up there what could have hit it? I think though he accidentally added 2 zeros to the price. For that much it will end up in an estate auction and sell for 200.00.

Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:27 am

Talk about an odd ball. You would really have to love something like that to pay even $2000. Red

Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:43 am

This reminds me of the old lumber yard strattle carriers. They were high and would drive over the pile of lumber on special made blocks to lift it up and move it. Seeing the center area open on the farmall pic makes me think they used it to carry stuff in the center? Or is it just for high crops?