Question on wiring schematic -- Farmall A

Farmall Super A, AV, 1939 - 1954

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

Question on wiring schematic -- Farmall A

Postby Dan W. » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:08 pm

Yesterday (Monday) Donny posted a wiring schematic in answer to my question. It seems to require a fuse in the line between the generator "L" terminal and the ignition switch. If this is true what size fuse should be used. Mine is a standard 6 volt system. Thanks.
Dan W.
5+ Years
5+ Years

Re: Question on wiring schematic -- Farmall A

Postby Bigdog » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:19 pm

Dan - if you look closely at the diagram you can see that the fuse is not in line with the switch. The lead to the switch is shown coming off of the same terminal of the fuse holder as the wire from the regulator. In reality, the fuse is in the light circuit only, not the ignition circuit and it is a 20 amp fuse. You might find that the wire actually came from the L terminal straight to the ignition switch and then to the fuse holder. Either way it is run, it is electrically equivalent.
Sometimes it is easier to show things in a diagram one way to keep from complicating the drawing but it is easier in reality to wire it another depending on the harness arrangement.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com
Bigdog
Team Cub
Team Cub

Zip Code: 43154
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Question on wiring schematic -- Farmall A

Postby Dan W. » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:25 pm

Thanks, Bigdog. That clarifies it nicely.
Dan W.
5+ Years
5+ Years

Return to Farmall A, Super A, AV