Re: Woods L59 on Super A.

Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:40 am

This is a C-3 mower....because......the spindle housings are square. WOODS mowers use round housings (a quick way to ID them btw).

You can still get alot of parts for this mower. I know we stock many of them here at C&G. The C-3 mowers (when fitted with sharp blades) do a good job of cutting and they don't require big HP to run them with.

Re: Woods L59 on Super A.

Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:38 am

Bermuda Ken wrote:This is a C-3 mower....because......the spindle housings are square. WOODS mowers use round housings (a quick way to ID them btw).

You can still get alot of parts for this mower. I know we stock many of them here at C&G. The C-3 mowers (when fitted with sharp blades) do a good job of cutting and they don't require big HP to run them with.

Ken you are sure right about this mower doing a good job of cutting! My Dad bought one for his cub back in 73, and has been mowing the lawn with it since. The one on my cub does a great job, but as you said sharp blades, and a slight forward angle, make a huge difference. I know sometimes people dog on the C3 or even the Woods, but I happen to like them both, and I think both are good mowers.