Home from the hunt!

Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:52 pm

Saw this old bird advertised on YT earlier this week. I was going to have to be in the area today for an IHCC Board meeting, and curiosity got the better of me. Plus, Santa Claus left me a little Christmas money. She's on my trailer, setting in the driveway tonight! :D

It's a 1940. I didn't study the serial number closely but it's old enough it's supposed to have the grounding switch on teh side of the mag. There's no starter, and no provision for one. Doesn't run but the engine is loose. The hood came with it, and is doggone near perfect.

Al

Re: Home from the hunt!

Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:07 am

Very nice!

Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:55 am

Nice find Al!

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:03 am

That should keep ya busy the rest of the winter!!! Kevin :shock: :shock: Nice find!!!

Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:54 pm

Looks like you found a good one. Congrats. :D :D

Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:58 pm

Well I was a little mistaken, the engine is stuck but I don't think it's bad. The serial # is in the 9000 range, a fairly early '40 model. It just might turn out to be a fun project!

Some of those cultivator items will be for sale soon I think. If I do in fact keep it, it'll be a drawbar tractor. Part of the front cultivators is bits and pieces of a Cub-144. Not much good there, too much 'creative license' with a torch. There's at least 5, maybe 6 good spring trips though.

Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:58 am

Nice find Al. Put that ol' gal to soakin' and see what happens...

Dusti

Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:03 am

Anybody know where I could find the grounding switch and cable?

(Photo found on the YT site)

It has the same tire/wheel equipment as my Super A--10-24's on the back and 5.00-15's on the front. Both rear rims are pretty bad. I'm thinking about going with 9.5-24's and 4.00-15's for something a little different......

Al