This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

SA starters

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
mikeintn
10+ Years
10+ Years

SA starters

Postby mikeintn » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:09 am

I dont know alot about this sooo, I have few questions, does all SA starters have the starter switch mounted on top [mine does] if so did they make them that has 4 fields in them, [ mine only has 2 ], why I"m asking is that mine dont crank as good as I would like,[ new bat, and cables good ground] I have another starter [ not sure whats it fits maybe SC ] nothing been done to it but it cranks good and it has the 4 fields,I was told buy the starter shop that the 4 fields gave it more torque then the 2 fields does,[ like the one on the SA that only has 2 ], that makes sence to me, but the one with 4 fields when you bolt it on turns the starter switch to the side, the SA starter with the 2 fields was rebuilt with new fields did help but still not real good, so I guess what I am trying to find out is there a SA starter with the 4 fields that the switch will be on top when bolted on or did all of the SA just have 2 ?[ sorry for the long post ] :?
Mike

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: SA starters

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:57 am

Yes, all switches on top. No, as far as I know all Super A (and Super C) starters have 2 field coils. I think 4 coils were only used on big tractors, like the MD and 9-series. I suspect the 4-field starter is masking some other problem. How is your battery ground? The original Super A ground was as bad as the Cub's.

mikeintn
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: SA starters

Postby mikeintn » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:11 pm

Ya I'm not sure whats the other starter is from, it bolts on it just turns the switch to the side, the ground is good.
Mike

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”