SA fire

Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:16 pm

I started up the SA today and was going to ride it around a while. As I took off down the road I noticed the smell of wood burning. I wasn't sure where it came from so I kept on. I noticed a puff of smoke come from around the exhaust hole so I spun it around and made it back home since I was not fart at all. I looked through the hole and saw a bird nest in there and a tiny flame. I reached under and grabbed the fire portion of the nest to pull it out and then I got the muffler off and hood off in record time and got that crap off of the engine before something really happened.

Dang bird! lol

Re: SA fire

Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:40 am

Almost that time of the year here Terry.
They seem to always want to build in my John Deere radiator shroud, usually by the time I find them it's to late so I wait a couple weeks until their hatched out and gone.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:35 am

Ouch

Good thing you were paying attention and caught it fast :{_}:

Billy

Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:50 am

Been there done that. i had cleaned a nest off the manifold on the H, but missed some sticks, and on a club tractor ride they lit. Got it out with no damage done, but that was 2 years ago, and the guys in the tractor club still remind me of it anytime we go for a ride.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:51 pm

You didn't say if you had eggs for breakfast or not... :roll:

Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:11 pm

Ronny Bailey wrote:You didn't say if you had eggs for breakfast or not... :roll:

I saw no eggs. Had to be a new nest cause it was not there a few weeks ago when I had the hood off