SA carburetor

Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:48 pm

My SA that I'm rebuilding has a Carter UT carburetor that is corroded pretty bad by one of the jets in the lower zinc casting and I don't think it's repairable. If I buy a Zenith replacement, will it drop in or is there other problems like the linkage rods?
Gerry

Re: SA carburetor

Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:53 pm

I had a carter on mine and a new Zenith dropped right in. Just be ready to adjust everything when you put the new carb on. Not really a hard process, but will be necessary due to the new carb.

Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:43 pm

Jason, do you remember which Zenith model # you used?
Gerry

Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:32 am

http://www.thecarburetorstore.com/servlet/Detail?no=24

Above is what I used exactly. This is a brand new carb made by Zenith. They shipped fast since they were right in Memphis. Since I am in TN it only took about a day or two, and because they were busy was the only delay. If you want to save money you could also find another carb reconditioned, but I don't know of any good sites to get them from.

When I took my carter apart a chunk came out the back. It was no wonder the body gasket was not sealing correctly.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:05 pm

Jason,
I ordered the one you recommended.
thanks, Gerry

Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:02 am

Cool Jason

Ya just saved me some money. I was getting ready to get one off of epay for $205 for my 130.

Billy

Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:09 am

Cowboy wrote:Cool Jason

Ya just saved me some money. I was getting ready to get one off of epay for $205 for my 130.

Billy

Yea I don't use eBay unless I have to. People just think things are worth a fortune.

Glad I could help. Like I said my experience with them was good. The carb came just fine, and is working very well. They say these out perform the originals, but I am just happy to have one without a chunk missing. :)

Jason

Mon May 03, 2010 7:21 pm

I got my carburetor today, fast delivery, installed and tweaked. Works perfectly and fits perfectly. Thanks for the tip, saved quite a few dollars compared to the "big box" dealers.
Gerry

Mon May 03, 2010 7:27 pm

ibrake4rust wrote:I got my carburetor today, fast delivery, installed and tweaked. Works perfectly and fits perfectly. Thanks for the tip, saved quite a few dollars compared to the "big box" dealers.
Gerry

Hey Glad I could help someone!

Fri May 07, 2010 10:30 pm

josys36 wrote:http://www.thecarburetorstore.com/servlet/Detail?no=24

Above is what I used exactly. This is a brand new carb made by Zenith. They shipped fast since they were right in Memphis. Since I am in TN it only took about a day or two, and because they were busy was the only delay. If you want to save money you could also find another carb reconditioned, but I don't know of any good sites to get them from.

When I took my carter apart a chunk came out the back. It was no wonder the body gasket was not sealing correctly.

My '39 A project has a Carter on it. I have heard parts are getting hard to get for them. I think I might check these folks out and put a Zenith on it...

Thanks for the info!

Al