super A first start checklist

Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:30 pm

well im finishing up school and will finally be able to play with my tractors again. I restored my super A 11 years ago and it has been sitting for about 5 years now :( i kept the exhaust covered and antifreeze topped off but never had time to run her for a bit :oops:

so when i get home in 5 weeks i am going to try and get her running again. other than change the oil and fuel what should i do as far as priming the oil pump ect?

the last time i saw her she looked like this :( thanks for keeping the tarp on guys.....

Re: super A first start checklist

Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:57 am

While you have the plugs out for cleaning turn the engine over and see if it has oil pressure.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:14 am

I would take the oil gauge out and pump a qt. of oil in it before I try to turn it over. also put a little oil in each cylinder a few days before cranking I hope your clutch aint stuck :D

Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:46 pm

Boss Hog wrote:I would take the oil gauge out and pump a qt. of oil in it before I try to turn it over. also put a little oil in each cylinder a few days before cranking I hope your clutch aint stuck :D

geeeee thanks david, way to be positive on the clutch. i worked on a farmall 130 that had a stuck clutch and i cant remember what i did to get it unstuck :lol: