touch control problems again

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:15 pm

well i have both arms free where i can move them by hand(better than it was) filled with fluid and ran it with the fill cap loose to get the air out. when i move the controls over the gauge panel nothing happens. the filter is clean and the tractor works harder when i move them levers but the touch control arms do not move......whats the deal?

Re: touch control problems again

Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:06 am

nobody? :?

Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:40 am

Did you take the Touch Control apart? I'm not well versed on the TC but I'm guessing that something is amiss inside the TC valves.

Bill

Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:12 am

Are you talking about a cub, or some other model?---if its a cub, you have control valve problems inside the box, such as bent/broken springs or stuck/worn parts in there. thanks; sonny

Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:19 am

SONNY wrote:Are you talking about a cub, or some other model?---if its a cub, you have control valve problems inside the box, such as bent/broken springs or stuck/worn parts in there. thanks; sonny

Super A

Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:57 pm

The Touch Control service manual on Rudi's manual server covers both Cub and Super A/Super C style TCs.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:26 pm

There is an orifice and a relief valve in the unit. If the orifice is missing or the spring in the relief valve the fluid bypasses the piston back to the suction.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:58 pm

I had a SC that had been setting for a while, and it would not work and I just kept playing with it for a day or 2 and it started working just by leaving the fill plug loose, driving the tractor and working the levers, going up and down a hill and one time going down I could here the pump like it was picking up some oil and then a little by little it started working ok, dont know if it had just lost it prime or something was stuck.