I removed the rear wheel weights to prepare them for paint (used a long bolt with nut through a chain on the hoist):
You may notice that the wheels are on the wrong side...unlike the Cub the SA is supposed to have a heavy cast disc on the right side, and a stamped, lighter plate on the left. (I assume it is to help avoid rollovers?) Unfortunately, when I reinstalled them after sandblasting, I didn't know this and got them on the wrong sides (50:50 chance and of COURSE I managed to do it wrong!) They will be swapped during painting.
Removed the foot rest and platform to straighten them with a press (talk about heavy-footed!!):
Added some JB Kwik to the area on the steering shaft where the bracket wears them down (just forward of the steering wheel). After sanding, it is a great fit with a new bracket from Ralph at Barnyards Bash! Thanks Ralph!!!
Did some additional JB Weld and JB Quik to the steering wheel:
I realized (after watching a cub throwout bearing replacement at the Bash!) that I had forgotten to adjust the clutch while it was apart. So instead of trying to do it through the access hole, I simply resplit the tractor. MUCH easier, at least when using a hoist if you are by yourself! Also reassured myself that I HAD greased the new TOB:
Next up is to get the painting done...just waiting for time in the paint shop. Then the massive job of reassembling components...first thing will probably be the steering gear housing and front axle, so I can get it back on it's new feet (all new tires!!) Sure hope I either remember how things go back together, or have a good enough service manual or took enough photos!!!