This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Please Help Identify FARMALL Belly Mower & Turning Plows

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35630
Circle of Safety: Y

Please Help Identify FARMALL Belly Mower & Turning Plows

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:25 pm

First, I have what looks to be a Woods or International/Danco Belly Mower. What I am concerned about/confused about is the mule drive pulleys at the rear. I am aware that they are oriented in such a way to fit the 90 degree PTO; but why is the front pulley completely flat like a belt pulley?? Also, the rear mule drive pulley resembles one of which that mounts to the PTO on the tractor. Please help me identify if these pulleys are supposed to be on there and why they are. I have several belly mowers, and have never seen those type pulleys mounted there. There are usually 2 peice pulleys in those locations.

IMAG0552.jpg

IMAG0553.jpg

Second, I picked up this 2 bottom turning plow. It appears to be complete and in good condition execpt that the bottom piece of the moldboard (about 3 inches tall and 18 inches long) has completely rusted off. Please help me identify what the model of this plow is and what it is actually called.

IMAG0554.jpg

IMAG0555.jpg

Third, I also got with the deal this double disc turning plow that mounts behind a Super A tractor. I am pretty sure this is the one that mounts to the front steering of the tractor. I would also like to know the model of this plow, and what it is actually called. I have 3 of these kinds of plows with all the linkage, and need to sell at least 2 of them. Identifying them would help me out A LOT! THANK YOU ALL!!

IMAG0556.jpg

IMAG0557.jpg
Last edited by AL Farmall Boy on Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Re: Please Help Identify Belly Mower & Turning Plows

Postby Super A » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:29 pm

The two bottom plow is an A-295 with slat bottoms, for a Super A.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Please Help Identify Belly Mower & Turning Plows

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:07 pm

Is there anything else I need to know about the A-295 Slat bottom plow, as I have never owned one of them. Are the pieces on the bottom of the slatted moldboard hard to find? This one is completely rusted off, as it broke off when we loaded it. Also, does it appear to be complete? How would it hook up to the tractor? THANKS for the helpful info!!
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Re: Please Help Identify FARMALL Belly Mower & Turning Plows

Postby SONNY » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:00 pm

I am afraid slat bottom parts might be a bit hard to find!--I had a 1 bottom IH slat bottom that got stolen (junked) otherwise you could have had it!---parts yards that specialize in equipment (not tractor) parts might be a possible source for used parts.

your last pic. is a disk plow. (I'll take it!!!)--LOL!--- always wanted one of them in a 2-disk size! thanks; sonny

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:18 pm

SONNY wrote:I am afraid slat bottom parts might be a bit hard to find!--I had a 1 bottom IH slat bottom that got stolen (junked) otherwise you could have had it!---parts yards that specialize in equipment (not tractor) parts might be a possible source for used parts.

your last pic. is a disk plow. (I'll take it!!!)--LOL!--- always wanted one of them in a 2-disk size! thanks; sonny

It wouldn't be hard to convert that plow to regular bottoms. You would just need to find a couple complete 12" bottoms, like from Cub plows, for it.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Mon May 09, 2011 9:28 am

Sonny,

If you want the plow, I'll take $175 cash for it. Just let me know when you're ready to come pick it up!

Email: ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”