It looked like a Cub while doing 60mph

Mon May 23, 2011 2:21 pm

We are flying down the road trying to get to Boy Scout Camp before it rains. When we pass what looked like a Cub. Thoughts of Scout Camp and rain both leave my mind as we turn the truck around to see what this little tractor is all about. The city already says I have one to many tractors but I have to stop and look. Just as we pull into the drive the owner pulls in too. It’s not a Cub. It’s a Farmall A and it is for sale. It does not run but it did when it was put it the shed last year. The mowers solid and works good. I thought $ 800.00 is too pricey for a non-running tractor. He did say he would take my Farmall C and do some sandblasting in trade for the “A”. My thoughts quickly turned back to Scout Camp. But not before I took a few photos.

Re: It looked like a Cub while doing 60mph

Mon May 23, 2011 2:33 pm

Looks good to me and does not sound like all that bad a price.

Mon May 23, 2011 2:37 pm

If it were a Super A and were running, I would have been more interested!

Mike in La Crosse, WI

Mon May 23, 2011 6:38 pm

At first,I read the subject line wrong. I thought that the cub was doing 60 mph!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Mon May 23, 2011 7:37 pm

If someone wanted to give me a tractor in return for letting them sandblast my stuff, I'd be mighty tempted to take them up on the offer.

Mon May 23, 2011 7:41 pm

k9sicem wrote: The city already says I have one to many tractors but I have to stop and look.
\

Please tell me this is a typo?????

Mon May 23, 2011 8:03 pm

I would buy it if it were in Va and I dont even like straight As

Mon May 23, 2011 9:59 pm

BIGHOSS wrote:At first,I read the subject line wrong. I thought that the cub was doing 60 mph!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

My Cub will do 80...

....on my trailer behind my truck.... :big smile:

PS That is not a bad price for that A. I bet you could sell that belly mower on it and the tractor would be just about "free."

Al

Tue May 24, 2011 5:52 am

John C wrote:If someone wanted to give me a tractor in return for letting them sandblast my stuff, I'd be mighty tempted to take them up on the offer.

Yeah, I would too, but the guy also wanted his "C" as part of that deal.

Tue May 24, 2011 9:02 pm

Forget the A. What about that 560 LP in the background? The 560 is my favorite IH tractor.

Wed May 25, 2011 7:53 am

The 560 is for sale too.