This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Double Farmall A pic

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Redcub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 97000
Tractors Owned: 47'Cub S/N 9516. Howard CD6 Despeeder, Howard L&S-28 Rotovators, broken front end loader, Hub City PTO clockwise converter/rpm reducer, Cub tach, Old style pointer hands analog Hobbs meter, Donaldson pre-cleaner, C-22 Sickle bar. Sears flat belt drive Buzz Saw, Model 54 blade, IH plow, Delco horn.
Circle of Safety: Y

Double Farmall A pic

Postby Redcub » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:46 am

Pictures?! Where? Now that I have your attention :lol: I'm just back from the Great Oregon Steam Up in Brooks Oregon.
It started out as a gathering for hit-and-miss engines and stream powered tractors, but has grown to include tractors, trains, a sawmill, line shaft building, blacksmith shop, cat/crawler, motorcycle, trucking, and fire truck museum. I had a great time.

Then I found this over in the red section:

I must be seeing double! Two A's mounted side by side. independent engines, two gear shifts, one clutch pedal, two PTO's in the back.
The owner states on his information sheet that putting one in first and the other in second gear by mistake emits the worse sound you can think of coming from a Farmall. Wish he would post complete articile about it here for us :D hint hint. Has anyone read information on this tractor elsewhere?

The guy did a really nice job. It sure got a lot of looks in the parade.

Then I spotted this little guy. A Farmall midgi AC crawler. Have you ever seen anything like this?! It was perfect.

Next time you are out here in the Pacific NW see us at
The Great Oregon Steam Up in Brooks Ore, along Interstate-5 just North of Salem
http://www.antiquepowerland.com Held the last weekend of July, and 1st weekend of August
"Steam and Gasoline"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Re: Double Farmall A pic

Postby Bigdog » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:54 am

I don't know if the double A is one of Harry Lee's creations or one of several others. But I have seen a couple of them before.
Harry Lee had some triple tractors that he created as well - a Triple F-20 and a Triple F-30 were a couple of his creations. They are neat tractors as is the Double A you have pictures of.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Redcub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: 47'Cub S/N 9516. Howard CD6 Despeeder, Howard L&S-28 Rotovators, broken front end loader, Hub City PTO clockwise converter/rpm reducer, Cub tach, Old style pointer hands analog Hobbs meter, Donaldson pre-cleaner, C-22 Sickle bar. Sears flat belt drive Buzz Saw, Model 54 blade, IH plow, Delco horn.

Postby Redcub » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:16 pm

One more for you:
JD Model D. The front end is mounted on the draw bar. Hyd's added for steering like on a big Steiger Tractor.
The guy with the hat is blocking the fact that the front end has been removed.
http://www.antiquepowerland.com Held the last weekend of July, and 1st weekend of August
"Steam and Gasoline"

chief
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71913
Tractors Owned: Farmall Cub 1951
Ferguson TO-30 1953
Two Craftsman
104 Cub Cadet
1650 Cub cadet
LT-1018 cadet

Postby chief » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:27 pm

Here is some more nice tractors,

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:06 pm

C'mon now guys! That green stuff is w-a-a-a-a-a-y off topic! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Redcub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Redcub » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:14 pm

Nice bikes!
Here is the rear of the Twin Farmall A. Notice the PTO's

Also had a chance to see the Cat Double D9. The guy sitting on the front D9 can control both. Talk about some pulling power! It shook the ground.
"Steam and Gasoline"

AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35630

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:31 pm

I would also love some info on the "Double A". That is pretty cool, and last night I was rummaging around on the net....forgot where I saw it; but I saw the "Double A" for the first time last night. Just a couple of pictures though. I am pretty sure it was another one than the one posted because the one I saw had custom decals that said "AA". It also seemed to have a slightly glossier paint job. My thoughts are that someone took a Farmall B, and a Farmall A and put them together since the B model doesn't have the steering housing on the right side. Maybe someone out there can give us some more info on it!
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

VinceD
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65626
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Frodo"
1949 Cub "Sam" (future Project)
1965 Lo-Boy "Pippin"
1940 H "Walter"
1953 SC "Gimli"
Cub Cadet HDS 2155

Postby VinceD » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:43 pm

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing. :D :D
Vince
High atop Hummingbird Hill
In the Missouri Ozarks

Redcub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Redcub » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:24 pm

If you look carefully at the tractor, the one on the drivers right side has no front end at all. The entire front end is conected to the left tractor only.
I will post more pics here later tonight.
"Steam and Gasoline"

Redcub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Redcub » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:10 am

A few more.

"Steam and Gasoline"

pan60
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: A Farmall 100 Ford 8N, six Farmall Cub's, and two David Bradley walk behinds, and a un-know walk behind.

Postby pan60 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:59 am

the twin is just cool!
pan60.com

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:12 am

Bigdog wrote:I don't know if the double A is one of Harry Lee's creations or one of several others. But I have seen a couple of them before.......
That looks a little different than I remember Harry Lee's tractors, but my memory is like my typing, not that dependable. :roll: I spent a bit of time visiting with Harry Lee at a show several years ago, very nice gentleman, and really interesting to talk to. I believe he is deceased now isn't he?
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”