Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:41 am

I have a 1940 A and need a carburator kit. I am having trouble finding a complete kit. Outer number is 52499DA and inner number is 9167A. Any help will appreciated. RT


Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:23 pm

I don't know what the second number is, but 52499DA is the standard gasoline carb for an A made by Zenith (Zenith number 0-9752). Anyone that has carb kits for anything should have or be able to get it. It may depend on how complete you are looking for.


Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:12 pm

How would I go about asking for this? Is that a zenith number? Who do you reccomend? RT


Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:41 pm

Just say you need a kit for a Farmall A with the Zenith carburetor. You can probably get it from a local auto parts store. For one, TISCO makes a kit. Any TISCO dealer, which probably includes most tractor dealers, can get one. Places like Tractor Supply, Fleet and Farm etc. probably have it in stock. A Case-IH dealer can probably get a Case-IH branded kit but it may cost a lot more than a TISCO.

If you can't find a local source, a web search will find places you can order from on line. Steiners and OEM should have them. You can even find them on Amazon or Ebay.