This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

New A Owner

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: New A Owner

Postby Super A » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:01 pm

CPIII wrote:Well I had my A delivered this weekend and everything looks fairly good. There is broken ear (Has been repaired well) but I have the second engine that looks really good. I am planning on getting it running and then go from there as it will only be used in parades and light work around the house....but anyway first things first.....get it running. Checked the magneto and I am getting a nice blue arc....Great! Then I checked compression by turning it over with the hand crank...really good compression from what I can tell. .. Now I have removed the carb and bought what I thought was the right kit from TSC.......NOT....so I started looking on the net for the correct kit based on the bowl gasket that I removed from the carb. So far I haven't been able to find anything close can I attached a picture below if anyone can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.
Carb Gasket.JPG

Post a pic of the whole carb.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

CPIII
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 77355
eBay ID: czechiii
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub SN 54XXX (Captain Crunch)
47 Farmall A (Patches)
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: New A Owner

Postby CPIII » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:17 am

Sorry should have done that before I disassembled it....it is a Carter UT card.

I think this is the correct kit.....has anyone used this kit?
http://www.steinertractor.com/ABC1387-e ... repair-kit

Here are the carb pics...
Carb1.JPG
Carb1.JPG (61.85 KiB) Viewed 130 times

Carb2.JPG
Carb2.JPG (61.2 KiB) Viewed 130 times
Charles Patek III
Some days - Chicken.......Some days - Feathers
Words to live by....

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”