This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Fuel starvation?

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
tractordad
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01516
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub w/ IH C2 mower
50 High wide "demo" cub with dual fertilizer hoppers
51 high wide cub w/474 planter
62 High wide cub w/ fast hitch
72 High wide w/cultivators
75 Red Long stripe w/fast hitch & C2 mower
76 Red long stripe w/IH 1000 loader & duals
77 long stripe with IH C2 belly mower
55 Super AV w/cultivators
56 Super AV
57 130 High crop w/cultivators
1 IH 574 w IH 2250
quick hitch loader
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Fuel starvation?

Postby tractordad » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:45 pm

havoc1482 wrote:I took the carb apart and did a busch league cleaning. Blew some air into it, and scraped out some gunk. I took the tractor out of the garage the next day and got it down my driveway and then on my way back up it started to sputter and lose power and then quit. I'd wait 10 seconds or so and it would fire back up and I'd get it another 20 feet and I'd had to repeat the process until I got into the garage.

Is it definitely safe to say I have a fuel issue? haha

I'll plan on doing 'the works' with the carb next time around. Take it apart, get a rebuild kit, soak it, ect... the whole nine yards.

The same car guy I mentioned earlier (Mark is his name) is refurbishing the hood for a 42 John Deere LA for another buddy of his. He told me that the guy that owns the LA just rebuilt a Zenith carb for a Farmall. And since he owes Mark for doing his LAs hood, Mark will get in touch with this other guy to take a look at my carb.

Boy, it sure helps to know people. :lol:

If you scrapped out gunk, it's probably in the jet restricting fuel flow. Once that carb get's rebuilt, you'll probably be fine.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”