Re: Super A Overheating...Radiator...Water Pump??

Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:51 pm

If you do get a water pump I would go with a new one or a reman unit instead of a Used One....unless you get the one from "Super A" or know it is a GOOD used one. Used water pumps can be a gamble from what I have seen on these tractors.....most of the time they're worn out. The remanufactured pump for the early C-123 engine from Napa is part #598128 if you need it. I haven't had experience with these pumps, but I'm sure they're a good part as I've never had a problem with Napa stuff.

Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:47 pm

Thanks for the part number!

I leave for a 2+ week trip on Aug 30, so not sure how far into this I will get before I leave. I seem to be procrastinating getting organized for the trip, so I may be shifting into "Trip Panic Mode" soon!!! I will be tackling this, as well as the Touch Control troubleshooting, as I can get the time. Lots of things to look at now!

Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:54 pm

Let me know what you find out with the TC troubleshooting. I have one that has a leak on one of the pistons (o-ring I'm sure), AND it has a slow pick up/response speed. Would be interested in seeing how yours diagnoses.

Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:59 pm

You can always come up here for a mini fest, and we can work it out together!!! In fact, bring yours up, and we can have dueling TC's!!
If we did it in Oct, we could continue up to Boss' Mini fest in VA! :big smile:

Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:33 pm

Dale, I will check on that pump I have and try to let you know tomorrow.

Al