This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

HVLP turbine sprayers?

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Capnball
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 37097
Tractors Owned: 1941 Farmall A, serial #FAA 79827

HVLP turbine sprayers?

Postby Capnball » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:22 am

Not sure this is where this thread should go, but here goes: Still looking at painting equipment. I want something to take the place of the rattle cans I used daily in my miniature metal bed fabrication business, and that I can use for a decent finish on the occasional resto project, like my Farmall A I'm working on now. Was introduced to HVLP turbine systems by a fellow fabricator, and have read a lot of good things about them. I couldn't afford one of the better units new, but they seem to come up on Craigslist and in pawn shops fairly often for $200-$300. A man would be hard pressed to get a big enough compressor to run a conventional hvlp gun, along with filtering stuff, for that. Do any of you have experience with turbine systems? If you're curious, check out the ones on here: http://www.tptools.com/Showtime-90-HVLP ... ,2992.html This is what my friend has, and seems to be very popular among the turbine crowd. Also, read some of this thread that I came up with in Google: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/thre ... ms.529675/
Jordan Goodwin
1941 Farmall A

Micah 6:8

Our blog: http://www.home-at-winshaw.com/

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rob in NH
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 03848
eBay ID: panelbeata
Tractors Owned: 1947 circle cub
1950 cub demonstrator
1957 cub
1967 cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: HVLP turbine sprayers?

Postby Rob in NH » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:11 am

that looks to be a good alternative to a spraygun. i've never used one and have heard different things about them, some good some bad. i am really going to check into it, just the paint savings alone would make it worth it.

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: HVLP turbine sprayers?

Postby Matt Kirsch » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:22 pm

One system that people seemed to like a couple years back was the Harbor Freight system. Not sure if they even offer one now or if the one they might offer is the same as the one people liked.

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”