This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Super A sputters and dies under load.

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
havoc1482
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01085
eBay ID: havoc1482
Tractors Owned: _______ 1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: @havoc1482

Re: Super A sputters and dies under load.

Postby havoc1482 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:13 pm

I needed to get the snow plowing done. I cleared the line and threw the tank back on. I had a spare inline filter. It works great now!! Ran it for a hour and a half of plowing! I'm sure my line will get clogged again because I didn't clean the tank, but at least I know the problem!

Thank you all for your help.
Mike

I bleed Black & Gold

IH Collectors Club New England (Chapter 18)

Western Mass. (The 413)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Super A sputters and dies under load.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:02 pm

Much of the time rust still has enough iron in it for a magnet, such as one of the telescoping ones to pick up. I carry one of these in my shirt pocket to save my back when I drop a bolt or a wrench.

Do not try a vacuum cleaner for it though. There was a funny story about one of the guys using a vacuum to clean out a tank that had been empty for several months. He had one of the old canisters and has holding it under his arm while he stood on the tractor using the hose to clean the tank. If you are not familiar with the construction of those old vacuums, the air after going through the bag then went through the motor which was a brush type motor and always made lots of sparks. Suddenly he was standing on the tractor with about 12 or 15 feet of flame like a jet engine shooting out of his armpit. He was inside his shop and afraid to turn loose of the vacuum for fear of what it would set on fire, and also afraid to hang onto it. Luckily, the motor burned out in a few seconds and shut down so he could throw it in an empty space behind him. No injuries, and no damage other than the smoke covered area on the wall where the cleaner was aimed.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”