This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

A's and Super A's

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby parts man » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:56 pm

Jim Becker wrote:A and Super A drawbars were differnt. Super A used a quick attach mount, like the Cub.

Which also made for different final drive housings.
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Merlin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Merlin » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:07 am

Not sure of the year, but A and Super A had the same final drives at one point in time because I have a Super A with the right final drive from an A. There weren't any differences there. I've cannibalized a few A's to get Super A's back up and never one time found a difference. I've never parted out a very early A though. I've read where the lifting rod on the Super A, the long one on the left side that goes all the way to the rear, has 2 slight bends in it. Since I read that I have looked and tried to see one, but all I have ever seen is straight as an arrow.

wvpolekat
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wvpolekat » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:35 pm

Sorry to blow the dust off an old thread....

In this picture you can see the two bends in the lift rod:
http://www.wvpolekat.com/Farmall/49SuperA/IMGP0663.JPG
49 Super A (Tinker) 47 Ford 2N (Cricket)
----------------------------------------------------------
If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer.

Merlin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Merlin » Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:41 am

Yep, I've seen pictures of them like that. Looks like it would work better than the straight ones. I even thought about bending mine in that shape, but somewhere down the line I had the locking screw tight while plowing and it got bent by itself, so I slipped a pipe over it to stiffen it up and tacked the ends. I am going to find one with the bends next spring when I finish semi-restoring it. (probably on e-bay)

Brandon Webb
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40741
Tractors Owned: 1957 Farmall Cub High Crop
1969 International 140
1975 International Cub

Cub 174 Planter with Row Markers
Cub 201 Planter with Row Markers
No. 27 Corn and Pea Attachments
No. 12 Rotary Weeder Attachment
Pittsburg Carry-Lift
Brookfield Buzz Saw
IH McCormick Seed Plate Test Stand

Postby Brandon Webb » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:46 pm

Jim's right about the drawbars, An A has a fixed position drawbar, a Super A has brackets like a cub. I'm 99% sure the drop housings are all the same, A or Super A. Brandon.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:41 pm

The drop housings are different because of the different drawbars. The A drawbar has a large rear bolt that goes through from the outside and a smaller capscrew in the forward position that goes in from the inside. The Super A is similar to a Cub with 2 identical studs screwed into it.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:53 pm

I believe the PTO horsepower is higher on the SA. I was looking for a tractor thats similair to the cub in size but with more horsepower with the PTO and a 540rpm so a brush hog can be run. I guess the Super A is my next choice unless I go with an H, SH, M or SM but there a tad bigger for my needs right now.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”