Brake work on 1953 Super A

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
easydog
Zip Code: 27893
Circle of Safety: Y

Brake work on 1953 Super A

Postby easydog » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:42 am

My right brakes are not working as far as I can tell so I have ordered and received a brake band and liner. The problem is, I have not the space nor a hoist to do the lifting to finish the job. I was wondering if someone vaguely in my part on North Carolina has the self loathing and lack of other responsibilities needed to help me out. I can trailer my tractor and supply cold beverages. Any takers?

Nathan

Dale Finch
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 27517
Tractors Owned: '55 Cub "Bertha"
'55 Cub "Ben"
'55 Cub "Bailey"
'56 Cub "Boris"
'48 Super A "Bubba"
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Brake work on 1953 Super A

Postby Dale Finch » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:37 pm

Hello, easydog!! I would definitely qualify for a person "with a lack of responsibilities", however....I will be leaving Wed for the Deep South Cub Fest (DSCF) in Florida, and things will be rather busy until I leave. Otherwise, I would LOVE to work on your SA with you. I have rebuilt a '48 SA, including rebuilding both finals. If you can wait until the week of Feb 16, I would still be happy to work on it with you. I have use of a shop, with air, engine hoist, hydraulic press, etc, and we should be able to pop off that final, clean/replace the brake and put it back on in no time. However, let me suggest that you at least replace a couple seals while you have the final off, such as the differential shaft pinion and bearing retainer seals and o-ring. (should be available from NAPA)

This is a post I made a while back, that might help. http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=170&t=64496&hilit=+SA+final+rebuild

You might also PM Al (Super A)...he may not be too far from you, and knows a LOT about these SA's.

Good luck, and let me know if I can help. :D :beer: !!