Flail Mower experts needed

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Zip Code: 28104

Flail Mower experts needed

Postby AllanD » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:30 pm

I have seen a lot of different model numbers of Mott flail mowers. Does anyone know which model was used on the Super A and if it is the same model used on the Cub? If so what mounting hardware would be necessary to adapt one to a Super A?

10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02346
Tractors Owned: 1959 Cub lo-boy
1950 super A

Re: Flail Mower experts needed

Postby spaceghost » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:00 pm

I have a 5 foot FH Mott for my Super A. The roller is longer on the Super A Mott than on the cub Mott. The bearings are the same size on the cub roller axel as the SA roller axel. The Super A Mott roller axal is shorter than the Cub Mott roller axel and does not go the entire length of the roller. The Super A roller axel is only about 10 inches or so long. One 10 inch roller axel on each side of the roller. The Super A roller axel is the same radius as the cub Mott roller axel but not the same length
The blades and attachment hardware are the same size and are inter changeable with the Cub Mott mower.
I am planning on making and testing a replacement axel for the cub Mott that will be the same length as the super a Mott roller axel. More on the later.

I don't think that there is anything on the power take off (drive train) that is the same. I would have to take a look. The seals and bearings for the drive train and PTO are not the same. The drive train on the side where the pulleys and belt are I am not sure will take a look

Axel bearings interchangeable
Cuttings blade and attachment hardware interchangeable
Bacon makes every thing better.
1959 LO-Boy 1950 Super A

Zip Code: 28104

Re: Flail Mower experts needed

Postby AllanD » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:25 am

Thanks. Looks like I will need to just keep looking for the five foot mower with all the hardware for the Super A. Just don't see near as many.