This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

will a Super c motor fit a Super a

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
housebg
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 70785
Tractors Owned: 1950AV Farm all High clearance
1952 Farm all Cub
1958 Farm all Cub
1959 Farm all Cub Lowboy
1951 Farm all Super A
1942Farm all B
1944Farmall B
2000Yanmar YM 2000
Gravely 5665
David Brown 880

will a Super c motor fit a Super a

Postby housebg » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:38 am

I was wondering will the engines exchange I found a very rough Super C with a great motor and need one for my Super A.I know the C has a water pump the rest looks the same Billy

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: will a Super c motor fit a Super a

Postby Super A » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:42 am

in short it will bolt up. You would need to use the Super A radiator and possibly the upper water neck on the Super A. You won't have a thermostat then. Not sure if the Super C water neck will interchange or not. If not, you can find the upper water neck from a C that had the water pump field conversion done and then you'll have a thermostat.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:44 pm

The maintenance department at the local hospital did that not long after I left there, but it had overheating problems till they put a pump on it.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Super A » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:02 pm

Yeah I don't think I'd take the pump off.

I didn't realize it until we started working on this C at school, but IH made a kit for it to convert to a water pump, but appears to use the stock C radiator. I haven't compared the upper water neck that bolts to the head to see if it is different from a Super C, I'm thinking it is since the Super C radiator is taller.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”