This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Wagner Loader Cylinder Rebuild.

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
AGrinthal
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07848
eBay ID: thatfarmallguy
Tractors Owned: 1943 Farmall M
1952 Farmall Cub
1951 Farmall Super A
1966 Farmall 140

Wagner Loader Cylinder Rebuild.

Postby AGrinthal » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:57 pm

Nothing is EVER easy!

I have the following:
a Wagner model IH SAW3 Serial Number 220 on a my Super A.
Cylinder is removed and gland nut and packing removed. Rod WILL not come out.

I found this comment on Yesterdays Tractor (10 year old thread)
Your reasoning is correct except this cylinder uses the rod as the piston. It has a cast iron collar on the end of the rod that prevents it from coming out all the way. Real pain in the bottom to take apart. Uses a screw in gland and a large snap ring to prevent the rod from coming out. Terry

Any comments on getting at this "Snap Ring?", There appears to be a packing just below the gland nut that's still in Cylinder.

My question is this.
Has anyone rebuilt one of these? How do I get the Rod out? I'm afraid to pick out the packing to see whats behind it.

It lifted fine but just would leak slightly. The bucket would slowly reach the ground after a day or two. Maybe just replacing the top packing and oring in Gland nut will be enough. They are pretty crappy.
I will have to find some place to get parts from as I know of no hydraulic shop near me.

Appreciate any comments anyone could give me. I thought this would be an easy re-pack. NOT!!
Thanks
Andy
Attachments
WagnerLiftCylinder.jpg
Wagner Loader Lift Cylinder

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Wagner Loader Cylinder Rebuild.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:15 pm

Never rebuilt one quite like that, mine had a sleeve coupling screwed on the end that stopped the ram form coming out. If you still see some packing in the cylinder you lmay need to dig it out and get to the internal snap ring behind it. Note, the snap ring will be locked into the housing, not on the rod. If you give Baum Hydraulics a call they may be familiar with that type cylinder and know more about it.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

LeoM
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 32713
Tractors Owned: FARMALL FORUM
1966 Cub w/ IH 1000 Loader
1958 LoBoy w/ Wagner 45 Loader
1952 Cub w/ Woods 48" Bush Hog
1948 Super A w/ Finish Mower
1944 A w/ 3 Point Hitch
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Wagner Loader Cylinder Rebuild.

Postby LeoM » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:54 pm

I'm in the process of rebuilding a LoBoy with a Wagner 45-L loader. It sat for a number of years in a barn with worn out and broken hoses. I got the bucket tilt cylinder freed up and stroked it with shop air. It appears to be operable. I couldn't get either of the lift cylinders to move (rotate or stroke). 1 gland nut turned a little and will probably be relatively easy to remove. The other is stuck tight. I have no assembly drawing and could not locate one. Should I be able to stroke the piston with 100 psi air pressure ? Are there any precautions necessary to remove the gland nut ie; retracting spring etc. ? Should I be able to rotate the rod in the cylinder ?

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”